Sunday, July 20, 2008

Garena, Hamachi and Lancraft

These days I've been playing games, hacking games, finding ways to play multiplayer and stuff...
So, I chanced upon this thingy called Garena @ http://www.garena.com
Well, what is it, you may ask... It's basically a game matchmaking kinda service. It supports the more popular ones around Asia such as Warcraft III, Counter Strike 1.6 and Source, Starcraft(OMG!!! It's still active!), Call of Duty 4, Warhammer 40K and Quake 4...
This program is easily one of the easiest to use compared to Hamachi and Lancraft where you have to manually find games and VPNs to join. It's also a hassle for beginners to use these programs as they have to configure various port forwarding issues and firewall setup.
I've been using Garena behind a router without port forwarding and so far it's fine. The lag is minimal if you pick a room based on your country, for e.g Malaysia Dota Room or Singapore DoTA room. Also please be reminded that I'm only on a measly 512kbps STREAMYX line...
So, if anyone of you are itching for any of the above games to be played with others, please do go to Garena to sign up for a FREE account.

But I tried World In Conflict using Hamachi. 0% lag. That was my Experience in 512KBps connection. Before I didnt prefer Hamachi. Sow how now I use Hamachi too. But the main problem is we need to create a network and only knows can play using Hamachi.

0 comments: